Make Good Art.

-Neil Gaiman

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

We come from people who brought us up to believe life is a struggle, and if you should ever be really happy, be patient: this will pass.
-Garrison Keillor

I am unreasonably euphoric these days.

This of course means that something is probably about to go disastrously wrong.

In the words of the poet: my cup is full/let it spill.

***
Things for which I am Unendingly Grateful
Flowering trees. New recipes. Work. Curly hair. My London sweater. Michelle. My family. Lemon Berry Cake. Coffee dates. Brunch dates. Dates. Lauren and her risotto. The feel of a new book. My bed. Blue skies and puffy clouds. Study carrel 13. The New York Times. Pretentious Sundays. Puns in Church. The Eucharist. Summer. Daffodils, pasque flowers, lilies, and roses. Anticipation. The MIA. Friends in Minneapolis, Milwaukee, Portland, Seattle, NYC. Hugs. The Metropolitan Diaries. Tolkien. Lewis. Johnson. Bonhoeffer. Mozart. Mendelssohn's Octet for Strings. Letters. Mary Oliver. Aunt Margaret's Rings. The smell of cut grass. Apples. Theology. Poetry. More than I can name.

No comments:

Post a Comment