Make Good Art.

-Neil Gaiman

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Personal Chef for Hire


I am only partially joking.

I have a few strengths about which I am not bashful. I have an excellent sense of humor, I can be rather quick-witted and personal, I put a lot of time and effort into academic success.

But that of which I am most proud (as friends or relatively regular readers of this blog can tell you) is that I am a pretty damn good cook. I have afternoons off this summer and wish that I were in a wealthy enough area that someone would hire me on as a personal chef for the next few months.
The outline: I work 3-7 Monday-Saturday, with occasional Sunday hours should an event come up. For the price of groceries plus a nominal wage I would do all the prep work, cook dinner, and do the dishes, all in the comfort of your own home. Weekly menus will be provided every Sunday, with a 6 hour window for vetos and substitution requests. You have delicious leftovers to take to work all week and a stress-less summer full of good food and wine. I get to spend my afternoons cooking, making a little money, experimenting with new recipes, and get to add personal chef to my resume.

A girl can dream, right?

That said, I might actually try to get an apprenticeship with an artisan baker this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment