Make Good Art.

-Neil Gaiman

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Tournamnent of Desserts Round One


Undoubtedly some of you have seen the Tournament of Novels over at First Things. Now that I'm post-comps (for good or ill, after 5:30 today) I've decided to do my own knock off of the tournament.


Introducing the 2010 Tournament of Desserts.


I've cut down from the 64 contenders (simply because I don't have the recipes) to the Sweet 16. The dessert that wins will be debuted on May 15th, with the first two runners-up following some time this summer.


Please leave votes in the comments.
Round One Contenders
Bracket One: Lemon Buttermilk Cake with Berries vs. Vanilla Creme Brulee with Raspberries
Bracket Two: Rhubarb Pie vs. Lemon Cake with Lavender Cream
Bracket Three: Strawberry Tart with Port Glaze vs. Frozen Lemon Gingersnap Pie
Bracket Four: 12 Layer Mocha Cake vs. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
Bracket Five: Red Velvet Cake with Berries vs. Cinnamon Crumble Apple Pie
Bracket Six: Lemon & White Chocolate Mousse vs. German Chocolate Cake
Bracket Seven: Lemon Snow Pudding with Basil vs. Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Torte
Bracket Eight: Walnut Pecan Dark Chocolate Pie vs. Carrot Cake with Coconut Frosting


2 comments:

  1. Ok, time for me to chime in on this blog. Here are my picks (and yes, I know, I don't get the winner, but perhaps when I am home next we can trade the winner for a Bailey's Marble Cheesecake?)-

    B1: Vanilla Creme Brulee w Rasp.
    B2: Rhubarb Pie
    B3: Strawberry Tart w Port Glaze
    B4: *I DONT WANT TO PICK! I will have to take the 12 Layer Mocha Cake
    B5: Cinnamon Crumble Apple Pie
    B6: Lemon & Wt Choc Mousse
    B7: Dark Choc Pomegranate Torte
    B8: Carrot Cake w Coconut Frosting

    Happy Tourney Time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As e-mailed yesterday:

    1. Lemon Buttermilk Cake with Berries
    2. Lemon Cake with Lavender
    3. Frozen Lemon Gingersnap Pie (You’ve got a lot of lemon options here.)
    4. 12 Layer Mocha Cake
    5. Cinnamon Crumble Apple Pie
    6. Lemon and White Chocolate Mousse (Only because I don’t like coconut.)
    7. Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Torte
    8. Walnut Pecan Dark Chocolate Pie

    ReplyDelete