Make Good Art.

-Neil Gaiman

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Reserving Judgement

Gatsby turned out all right at the end; it is what preyed on Gatsby, what foul dust floated in the wake of his dreams that temporarily closed out my interest in the abortive sorrows and short-winded elations of men.
-The Great Gatsby

Well, it's no secret that I absolutely adore most things public radio related and definitely love Fitzgerald to pieces.

That being said, I just finished applying for a job as an usher at the Fitz.

Not that Fitzgerald really has anything to do with the Fitz anymore, but I'm excited nonetheless.

I decided today that for monetary/sanity reasons that I need a second job. I have way too much free time on my hands, and it isn't really being used productively. I need to get out and do something kind of off-beat and fun with my time, and I feel like the job at the Fitz would be perfect for that. Some work on my customer relations/schmoozing skills and the ability to see shows there for free. Can you say awesome!?

Unforunately, my cover letter/application were slightly underwhelming. Sigh. We shall see.

Until then, I'm going to buy a second hand copy of Gatsby and try to imagine St. Paul during F. Scott's heyday.

Cheers.

Reserving judgements is a matter of infinite hope.
The Great Gatsby

No comments:

Post a Comment